Monday, May 25, 2009
Intro to Eleanor Duckworth
Good morning, afternoon and evening to all, my name is Eleanor Duckworth. I was born in 1935 in beautiful Montreal, Canada. My parents, Jack and Muriel, taught me well through their actions and lessons. Both my parents were Canadian peace workers and social community activists...how could I help but follow in their footsteps in attempts to better myself and those around me. I had the most wonderful opportunity of being a former student, colleague, leading translator and interpreter of Jean Piaget (you may have heard of him before). Since my time with him I have found pleasures in being an elementary school teacher, earning my Ph.D. at the Universite' de Genève in 1977, and being a Professor of Education at Harvard Graduate School of Education. People consider me as a cognitive psychologist, educational theorist and constructivist educator. I am especially interested in the experiences of teachers AND learners of all ages, both in and out of school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment