Monday, May 25, 2009

Introduction - Shihichi Suzuki

Good afternoon!  My name is Shinichi Suzuki and I was born in Nagoya, Japan in 1898. Although I worked in my father's violin factory as a child, I first heard the violin being played at age seventeen.  I love the instrument and began to teach myself to play. In doing so, I realized that people can learn to play music just as they learn to speak. I have begun to develop Talent Education for teaching children to play music. My philosophy is based on basic principles of language acquisition and emphasizes listening and repetition. I believe that the right environment, one with  deep love and sincere encouragement, children have limitless potential.  I also believe that hearing and playing music can help children become good people with beautiful, serene hearts. I encourage my students not to hurt other people and to be kind to everyone - friends, families, and teachers. I have spent many years teaching children to live through music.  Observers often ask if my students are musical geniuses, but they are normal children.  While many believe that talent is inborn, I believe anyone can learn and it is never to late to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment